Rack mount tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toast_Bass, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Toast_Bass

Apr 18, 2000
    Hey need some help here. I am looking to purchase a new rack mount tuner and would like some feedback from anyone who has one. I am currently looking at the Korg DTR1 and DTR2 tuners. None in my area has these in stock so I am unable to try one out. By biggest concern is how well will they pick up an open B on my 5-string. My Boss TU-12H will only pick up a harmonic off the 12th fret and not very quickly. Any input will be greatly appreciated!
  2. I am actually on my way to the gear store in my area and I think they might have both in stock, I will personally check them both out and let you know when I get back.....
  3. I have a DTR-2, and it picks up the B string on all my 5 strings quickly and accurately.
  4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I've had a DTR-1 for a while, and it does a good job with the B string - of course, if the B or E string isn't healthy or you strike it and don't get a lot of fundamental, it may be a little shakey.

The funny thing lately with the DTR-1 -- it has the big LED readout that shows the letter note you're playing. A few times the guitarist broke into something we don't usually play -- he and the keyboard player have books with all our tunes -- and I will catch the keyboard player (who hasn't much of an ear and can't really improvise) craning his neck to try and read the chords as they go by so he can join in! <g>
  5. I have a Korg DTR-1; it's great, does the job really well, and has a huge display (which is fine for myopic me!). The only drawback is that it's somewhat expensive for what it does - but then, if money's no object, who cares?

- Wil