1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

rack mount tuner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Tree, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Mr. Tree

Mr. Tree

Jan 25, 2008
    Madison WI
    Wondering if I use a rack mount type korg tuner, how would I connect
    it to my combo amp? Would the tuner plug into my input, and I plug
    my bass into the tuner? Would I put it in the effects loop? Thanks!

2. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    Most heads have a 1/4" Tuner Output Jack on the rear pannel. You would connect the Korg Tuner to that Jack. Usually there is a mute or tuner button on the front of the amp that will activate this Jack............At least on the heads I've had (Genz-Benz/Ampeg/Fender). I only turn on my tuners when needed, otherwise they are off. FWIW, I have the Korg DTR-1000, and DTR-2000, both are great.........And have given me no problems so far!:D

If your are using a Combo without this feature, you can just plug directly into the tuner. I believe (on most of them) you can go from your tuner (rear pannel) into your amp input.............:)

3. Mr. Tree

Mr. Tree

Jan 25, 2008
    Madison WI
    Yeah, it's a combo with no tuner out jack. Whenever I've seen people use them, it seems
    they are just on all the time. Players would turn around between songs and check the
    tuning without touching a thing. I thought that was cool.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, but those guys have their amps in the rack with the tuner. Combos and rack gear are not usually easy to combine. You can run the tuner in series between the bass and the combo's instrument input though.

5. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Whatever floats your boat, but that is exactly the reason I like a pedal tuner. I have the Boss, and just use it as a mute as well, that way I NEVER have to turn my back to the crowd.

6. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    My Korg DTR-1 has an instrument input and an output...input on front panel, output on rear. That way you can daisy-chain it between your bass and your amp input.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    +1 as this also give you the built in mute functionality.

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry, I moved the wrong thread. :eek: I'll try to get on of the Misc mods to move it back to Amps.