Rack mounting a SVT4?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottyg11, Mar 19, 2006.

1. scottyg11

Mar 12, 2006
    I need to rack mount my 4pro amp. The problem I am having is finding a rack with enough clearance on the sides to ventilate the head properly. I was thinking if nothing else I could drill some holes in the case for ventilation. The ones I was looking at last night at GC all had the handles on the sides right where the vent holes would need to be placed. Handles would be nice to have on a 5 or 6 space rack. Any suggestions? Should I have a rack custom made? I was looking at Caseman last night. I really would rather not spend that much. The Gator G shock looked like it might work. Reasonable price wise but I can't seem to find a 6 space. Thanks for your time.
  2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I put mine in a skb 6 space case with some other stuff and leave a space above it empty and I've had no problems for 4 years now.
  3. I have a svt4 racked in a normal rack and done alot of gigging with it and never had a problem with it getting too hot, air can travel just fine even if there's no holes on the side. So I wouldn't bother too much about that if I were you.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have had mine in an SKB 6 space rack since it was new, and the rack has been full the whole time. Never had any problems at all.

My rack consists of this (top to bottom):
    Power Conditioner
    Korg Tuner
    BBE Sonic Maximizer
    SVT 4
  5. FrankLowend

Dec 31, 2010
    Maybe Im facing a similar issue since I sale a Svt3 and replace by a svt4. I putted a fan but i will change the model in order to blow above the head.
    I have not problems untill now, but the fact is that fans are very noise to me...
    I was wondering if someone had removed the superior metal cover of the svt4?
    I know about the risk of electric shok but this is inside the rack!!
    Take a look in the pictures and let me know about your experience on that...

Attached Files: