1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rack mounting ampeg SVT 3 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dbillow, Apr 1, 2006.

1. dbillow

dbillow

Mar 28, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
  2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
  3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    +1
    As long as you put it on the bottom no problem. Sometimes they say to put a piece on the back. But I didn't on my Ampeg 3 Pro or my Eden.

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    In the manual, item 23 on back panel is a 1/4-20 threaded support point. It is next to the fan.

That type support is normally used with a strap support. Newer racks often don't have those, it used to be typical of many PA rack setups and was a familiar feature. Lots of folks used the steel "plumbing pipe support tape".

I agree, unless you ship gear internationally, have neanderthal roadies, or get really drunk when you play, it shouldn't be necessary.

5. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I got my 3Pro in 1995 and had it in a 2 space SKB without the rear support for 10 years. I dropped it many times and the amp works fine to this day - I just sold it to a friend of mine for his rehearsal studio.

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I have my 3-Pro in the bottom of a 6-space rack without a rear support. No problems so far.

7. I have an SVT-II , it weighs substantially more than your amp (85 lbs) , yet sits fine with just the front rails :p , dont worry too much about it

8. dbillow

dbillow

Mar 28, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Team!