Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack mounting an Eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eshears, May 20, 2003.

1. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I've had (and loved) my Eden WT-400 for several years now. Recently, I've been acquiring more gear, and decided to rack mount it all. I thought this would be an easy task, but I've run into a couple of problems:

1. The 3 holes to attach the ears to the WT-400 do not seem to match up. When I set the ear on the head, the front 2 holes match up fine, but the third hole (farther back) does not quite match up. Did I get the wrong rack ears? Or do I need to force the third bolt somehow?

2. I've got 6 black bolts and 6 flat rubber washers. Do I place the rubber washers between the bolt and the rack ear, or between the rack ear and the head, or should I even use them at all?

3. I've also got 2 brass flat-head bolts and 3 cone-shaped rubber washers...what am I supposed to do with these?

Thanks for all your help!
    Eric

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    just from my experience it seems that the washers should always go between the bolt /screw and whatever your screwing it in to

screw--->washer--->metal--->nut

it prevents the screw from turning.

3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I've had two WT400's with rack ears, and my ears lined up fine with the holes. Not sure there. Make sure they are the right rack ears, and on the right side of the amp (I can't remember if they are side-specific).

I did have to use a shorter screw on the hole that is right next to the power switch. The longer screw went into the switch. Mine may not have been the original screws since I got them used.

On rack gear, I think you want to have a rubber or plastic washer between the amp and the rack rail to isolate it (grounding-wise). You may want to add other washers as needed to keep things tight (it depends on the type of fasteners on your rack), but I think the rubber washers are for isolating the gear from the rails.

WT400's are such nice little amps that sound great.

4. Bluesbob

Bluesbob

Mar 13, 2000
    Springfield, TN
    Carrying it in the shoulder bag is so cool! But I checked mine out and the 3 small holes in the ears line up perfectly with the mounting holes on the side, either way. One of the 2 larger holes fits over a screw head, the other one is there so you can use it on the other side. Still, I'm not going to rack mount mine. My SVT II is in a rack, but even if I took it out I couldn't carry it in a bag! With the shoulder bag, it makes one less trip when loading and unloading.

5. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Update! I sent an e-mail to Eden the same time I posted this. I got an e-mail back from David a couple of days later with a phone number to call. I called, and a new pair of rack ears are on the way...free of charge.

Great customer service! Thanks Eden!

Eric