1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rack mounting an LMII: screw/thread size?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by R Upsomegrub, Feb 28, 2008.

1. OK...I thought I had seen this before on TB, but my search didn't turn anything up.

Those of you who rack-mount their LMII: Does anyone know what size the screws that go into the head are? I'm assuming they're metric...? I'm a sheet-metal guy and welder by trade and can make the brackets easily enough, but was wondering about the screw size, as opposed to figuring it out in the local hardware store.

TIA

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    If I recall they are #10-32.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I could be wrong, but I believe the two prior posters were referring to #10-32 rack rail screws, not the actual bracket to head mounting hardware.

I'd just bring the amp (and bracket's) along to a good hardware store to make absolutely sure you get the exact right size and length.
    (make sure they're just barley long enough, so they'll be less chance of the screws contacting anything they shouldn't inside the amp)

(edit: P/M this guy, he'll probably know for sure) http://www.talkbass.com/forum/member.php?u=65788