1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack mounting - HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by longaxis, Aug 13, 2007.

1. longaxis

longaxis

Aug 3, 2007
    Hello there,

Being the very proud owner of a new Ampeg rig :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :D I finally am getting round to buying a rack to accomodate my gear. I currently have an SVT3 Pro, and am looking to accomodate a Bass Pod XT pro, a tuner and a Sansamp RBI in the future. I was thinking of getting a 4U gator rack.

So in essence, will that accomodate my gear? Or should I go for a 5U rack and vent it so the components don't overheat?

Thanks for any help,

:)

2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Well you can go that route, but in all honesty, it's unnecessary. I have a 6 space roadrunner case and bought one of those little "clip on" fans and during gigs, just have it blowing on the back of the equipment. Been doing that for 30 years and never had a problem yet! *knock on wood!*

3. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    I think you'd need more than 4 spaces for all of that gear. The 3 pro is 2U, the Pod is 2U, most tuners are 1U, and a Sansamp is 1U. You would need a 6 space rack for all of that stuff. If you are going to use the pod in the rack, the sansamp would be pretty useless. The tones you can get from the sansamp can be reasonably duplicated with the pod.