1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rack options! quick help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diddii, Mar 18, 2008.

1. I got Ampeg SVT-3 and Alesis 3630 Compressor ? what size of Rack do i need to fit it perfectly? I don't use anything else.

thank you.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Your amps a 2-space, your alesis is a single space, so you'd want a 3-space rack.

3. thanks for fast replay.

4. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    MoreYouKnow.

5. Another question. is Korg Rack tuner (DTR1000) 1spaced?
    that would leave me to 4-space rack.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  7. You might want to consider a six space. Amps, especially big amps, need to breathe. Also if you cram the equipment in you could get hum induced from the power amps transformer into your other equipment. Get some 'Humfrees' to isolate the chassis grounds from the mounting rail.

Paul

8. You would Also want some sort of Power supply like a furman unit in there to plug all your gear into and then needing only one plug to get power to Your rig. So You have Your Ampeg 2 spaces, Compressor 1 space, tuner one space and a Furman unit one space. I'd get a six space rack.

Barry