rack power conditioners! worth it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by [SD], May 13, 2004.

1. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    ok, here is my question.I'm thinking on buying a new rig. SVP-BSP, QSC RMX850, and a WARWICK 411pro 600W. Should i get one of those furman power conditioner that reduce noise? is it worth it? i've read plenty of stuff in the forum but still not sure about getting it or not.

2. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    It is worth it for the ability to plug all your stuff into one unit and only have one cord to deal with when you set up. Sure, you can mount a regular powerstrip in your rack but why not have the unit designed for it. I don't know if reduces noise though. They supposedly reduce interference but I can't really say if its noticeable since I always use it. For sake of convenience, I say go for it.
  3. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    thanks for answering. I think i'll buy it. Still i wonder if it really reduces inteference drastically or i might still have some though.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My experience:

With Furman: never a noticeable problem with interference

Without Furman: club I played for months, was getting radio interference through my rig, as well aa static buzz every time the bar used the blender. Next week with Furman back, no problems . . .