Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Preamp into Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MaxRebus, Apr 10, 2005.

1. MaxRebus

MaxRebus

Sep 1, 2004
    Rome - Italy
    Hi guys !!!!
    I've got an SVT3pro and love it ... yesterday i've tried and RBI pre amp and fell in love for a second time .... is it possible to use the RBI directly in the input jack of the SVT combining both ?? The attack and the drive of the RBI heated up with some real tubes of the preamp stage of the SVT !!!! It would be safe to use the head this way ?? I'm actually using a DBX160A in the pre-amp out/power-amp in of the SVT too.
    Thanks

MAX

2. I suppose you could do this, but the output on the RBI would have to be kept very low or you'd easily overdrive the input on the Ampeg.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you might be better off buying a BDDI and using it like that as the output is less "hot" than the rbi and the tone is pretty much all there.

4. MaxRebus

MaxRebus

Sep 1, 2004
    Rome - Italy
    Thanks Guys !!!
    I've bought the RBI anyway !..... I'm using it setted at 10 o'clock output into the pre of the Ampeg also setted at 10 o'clock in input. SMokes !!!!

I can use it directly into the power amp in socket in the back of the SVT with a slighlty less warm sound.

Thanks again

MAX