Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Rig question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quatre03, Feb 14, 2005.

1. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    ok so now i have a 6 space rack thats full, and next year i'm planning on buying an aguilar db750 and a compressor/expander/limiter/gate. so i've figured out that i've hot about 9 spaces filled up. so what i'm thinking is i might need another powerconditioner so that everything can plug in in the back of the rack. and that would fill up the whole rack and there would be no breathing room for the aguilar. i'm pretty sure i dont want a straight 10 space rack, cause it going to be really heavy and the aggie wont breath, and 12 seems like too much. :meh: so i'm wondering if i should rack it in 1 big flight case, or split it up into 2 6 space racks.

furman pl plus lights...1
    furman pl plus lights...1
    korg 2000................1
    lex g2......................1
    eq system................1
    compressor...............2
    aguilar.....................3

i'm gonna rack a couple of fans on the back of the aggie's case

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Take it from a guy who lugs around a 10sp rack, split it up up![​IMG]
    This thing about kills me!

3. yep, split it up. i have a "6 space" (actually 5 because it has a carry/pull handle with wheels) with an amp, preamp and conditioner and it's heavy enough.

4. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Well I have a 5 space rack case with preamp and a power amp and 2 spare spaces that wieghs a total of something like 30 lb. Hehehehe. I'm such a bitch.

5. Like these guys said split it up . Thats going to be one nice rig when its finished. :)

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Split it up.. Or simplify it.

7. Dr. D

Dr. D Loaded For Bear

Jan 13, 2005
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Definately split it up or put wheels on it. I have wheels on mine, but I would rather have the amps in a separate rack. It has 2 amps in this rack, and they are 47 lbs each.
    [​IMG]

8. ryanowens

ryanowens Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    Hello Quatre03.
    I would suggest splitting your gear into two racks, one with your basic amp (aggie) and a power supply, and another with all your outboard gear. Maybe a 4 space and a 5 space. I wouls also suggest shockmounting the case with the aggie in it. It costs a little more but is worth it for the additional protection it provides.

I have a sop and I build custom flight cases (racks, bass cases, pedalboards, amp cases etc...) I would love to chat with you and build you something that would suit your need perfect!

Goo luck!
    Ryan
    ryan.owens@earthlink.net

9. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Definately divide it up. I have my stuff in a "DI" rack and "Amp" rack. The DI rack has my tuner, compressor and preamps. My power amp is in another rack. This way, I only take what I need for each gig.

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    dude, you dont need to power surge protectors. only one.

me, i like to have everything in one thing.

go for the 10 space shock mount. it has casters. then you just put it next to your cabs.

i have an 8 right now that has 6 so far, and im looking for more....