Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Setup Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FOE_Bass, Apr 15, 2001.

1. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    What do you guys think of this rack setup?. A Sansamp RBI (the rack-mounted version of the Bass Driver DI), to a Sansamp PSA-1, to a Carvin DCM-1000 power amp. Then the question is what cabs do I want? :) Also any suggestion for better equipment is GREATLY appreciated.

2. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

Looks cool and lots of power , as far as speaker enclosure i would use the carvin RL410T 600 watts, your amp will give you 700 watts at 8 ohm bridged if you run it at full , and the enclosure will sound great with that power amp.if you like you can add a 15 or 18 and get 1000 watts, or just run the new carvin 1000watt RL810 cab and kick butt !

3. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I think this reply is for me. It should go under my thread.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Merged.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's an interesting approach, and probably would sound good with lots of versatility. I'd buy an Eden WT-800 for that kind of money.

6. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Why would you want 2 sansamps? I would think you could get all the tones from just the Sansamp PSA-1 and just save them as different patches?

7. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I was thinking the same thing killer B. I don't know the prices of any of those specific pieces off hand, but the WT-800 idea Munji threw out is a good idea too. I have a WT-800 and I love it, never been able to play through any Carvin gear, or the Sansamp so I can't comment on those, or compare between the WT-800 and Carvin gear.

But from what I hear Carvin is very reliable gear with great customer service, and I've heard both good and bad things about the Sansamp Bass Driver pedal, mainly good though. I've seen one bassist using the PSA-1 as a distortion unit, and it sounded great. Only thing that doesn't add up to me is having both the PSA-1 and RBI, seems like the PSA-1 could handle doing both jobs, maybe the RBI could too but I haven't look at one so I don't know.

Do whatever you want, but seriously think about needing both the PSA-1 and RBI.