Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack Suggestion help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sbbassslapper, Sep 1, 2005.

1. I have my ampeg b5r head and thats it aside from the hartke bass attack pedal but other then that my amp sits by itself, and i've been thinking about getting a power conditioner, utility drawer, korg tuner, and something else that will give me the same preamp, tone shaping that my harke bass attack is giving me, and any suggestions on what kind of rack i should get? how many spaces?

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I would say a 4 or 6 space Gator. I have a 4 space Gator with the retractable handle and wheels and it's great!

3. WayneP

WayneP

Oct 11, 2004
    Katy, Texas
    [font=comic sans ms,verdana,arial]The rack you choose depends on what all you want to put in it. I prefer one with real rack rails (threaded screw holes) instead of those cheesy speed clips.

I have a six-space rack myself with a Furman PL-Tuner, Ashly bass pre-amp, dbx compressor, Ashly parametric EQ (for the house send) a Yamaha dual 15-band EQ (for the stage send), and a Carvin stereo 75-watt/channel amp. Around back I made a custom patch panel with house and stage outs and a convenience outlet.

You might want to look for a discontinued Furman PL-Tuner. It does conditioning and also has a built-in tuner – two “birds” in one rack space.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt
    [/font]