Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rack system recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Del, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Del

Del

Nov 30, 2000
    I've recently invested in a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro for DI recording, but I'm so impressed with the thing that I'm thinking about using it as the basis of a rack system for live performance (I currently use Ashdown gear). Any suggestions/recommendations for power amps/cabinets and other effects (if necessary!) to make it all sing? Music is mainly guitar-based rock (I just luuurve the Ampeg modelling!)

Del

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I just bought a Bass Pod Pro. Its very good to hear that you are impressed by it. Its expensive (relatively) but seems like it can do a lot of things.

My rack mount will have the Pod Pro (2 spaces), a Furman conditioner (1 space), and my head (4 spaces). The Pod has compression so I got rid of my DBX and it has great sounds so I got rid of my BBE.

What do you have in mind for your system?

3. Del

Del

Nov 30, 2000
    Here in the UK, I paid GBP429 (USD650?), but I reckon it's worth every penny. Back in the early 80's I used an Ampeg SVT rig, and I'm just amazed at how close the Pod is to that sound (at least, thru my studio setup).

To answer your question, I'm mainly interested in which amp/cab setup to go for to complement the Pod, so I guess some combination that gives fairly neutral response like my studio setup would fit the bill.

In a nutshell, the same sounds that I get DI recording thru the Pod, but just a helluva lot louder for live work!