Rack tuner query

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by budreau, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Without reopening the stompbox vs. rack gear debate, I'm looking for some opinions. I'm looking for an easy to see rack tuner that will grab my low B quickly and not jump around or suck my tone. The user reviews I've read on the Sabine products are so contradictory as to be useless. The few I have found on the Fender RT 1000 have been fairly complimentary. I really need some input from players who gig or practice with one. Any brand, good or bad. HELP!
  2. I use a rack mounted Korg DTR-2. It works excellent. It's the first one I've ever used that did a pretty good job with my low B. It tracks very well also. I use the tuner-out from my SVT-III, so there is no issue with signal loss, so I cannot comment there.

Hope that helps!
  3. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i have a dtr 1000 and i run it through the effects loop(which i was told was how it was to be done) with the same amp you have.

me, the tuner is good, doesnt suck tone away but i find it being very finicky. my korg gt3 tuner right from the tuner out seems to do the job much less painfully.
  4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I use a DTR-1 and love it, so I'll second the Korg recomendation.

5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  6. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    if you have a tuner out on your amp, your tone won't suck with bad product. According to me a Behringer that costs 80€ in Belgium will run as good as a Korg DTR 2000 that goes over 300€ here ...

In the effect loop perhaprs, there is a difference.
  7. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I used to run my Korg DTR2 in line with my amp. IME, it was dead silent, and didn't affect the tone in any way. It's pretty quick on the B String, as well.
  8. I've got one of the Korg rack tuners. It's "too accurate" for my taste. You spend a lot of time bouncing around between flat and sharp, that's fine if you're looking for absolute precision. A couple of cents either way are completely unnoticable to most anybody.
  9. Basshoer

Jan 1, 2005
    I bought the Fender RT 1000 from musicians Friend because I liked the price. I a'm glad I did because it works beautifuly. I use it with my 5- string bass and I have no problems with the b string stability. It will lock it right in. Nothing bad to say about mine. Great buy!