1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rack tuner & show piece

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Jan 6, 2012.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Alright I'm looking for a racktuner. I've looked at several and have figured out what I want. I really want lighting. Something I can see from afar and can set to put on a lightshow. here are a few I've looked at:

Peterson Stroborack - If I can get one for a good price I might be convinced. Though the video's I've watched the strobing message screen is too small and not colourful enough to give me the visibility I want.

Korg DTR 1000/2000 - I believe these have a strobe setting to put on a light show and can catch a bass signal. Reasonably priced and does what I want (I think)

SWR RU-N2N - I just love everything about it. easy to see, bright, puts on a light show and the name is nice "Are you in Tune?".

Behringer - I just don't Like Behringer. Too many QC problems from what I hear. Also gear techs in my area refuse to deal with Behringer because of it.

Fender - I know the SWR model is the one put out after Fender bought them. I havn't seen any of these but I'm not really a fender guy anyway.

Anything else people can suggest?

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    DTR1000.

3. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

So I found a Korg DTR-1 in my region and am quite happy with what I have.

4. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    I had 2 DTR-1s. Both worked great and were accurate, easy to use etc., until... Both times the tuner was in my amp rack with my GK800RB. Everything functioned properly and everything. I finished a gig with no trouble, packed and went home. Next gig, tuner was dead. No sparks, no smoke, no nothing. I just shut it off and it never woke up again. I never figured out why. I loved that tuner, but it went boobies up on me twice, 2 separate units, about 8 months apart.

5. Any korg where the note selection lights up

6. And I wouldnt be too worried about putting on a show.... some tuners can get a little obnoxious looking