Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rack ventilation adaptor and glock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shatner, Sep 11, 2005.

1. shatner

shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    I am buying a Glockenklang Bass Art preamp and was reading through the manual when I realised it requires 5mm ventilation above and below in the rack. Is this just a get out clause for if the thing gets too hot or do you think I should go with it?

With that in mind does anyone know of a rack adaptation device to convert a 3u space into a 2u space with ventilation above and below the unit?

I think I've seen something like it on the Schroeder website. A guy called James Gray on the players page has a BBE preamp with gaps above and below the unit.

Mark

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Your title 'rack ventilation and glock' led me to assume you wanted to use a Glock pistol to open up a few holes in your rack case; nevermind.

3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

My Glockenklang does run hot, but I put a fan in the back that blow cool air onto the cooling fins - really dropped the temp of the head. Another guy did the same thing using a fan from a computer, a wall wart and a reostat to control the speed of the fan. Probably quieter than just using a stock muffin fan.

Dan K.

4. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Congra on the Glock... anyway, my Soul head 2 U is in a 4 U rack so it has plenty of room to breave. It still have its little rubber foot so it have a little space under and is not directly laying on the rack bottom.

Peace

5. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    My glock preamp sometimes goes hot but you don't need to worry... :hyper: