rack ventilation adaptor and glock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shatner, Sep 11, 2005.

1. shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    I am buying a Glockenklang Bass Art preamp and was reading through the manual when I realised it requires 5mm ventilation above and below in the rack. Is this just a get out clause for if the thing gets too hot or do you think I should go with it?

With that in mind does anyone know of a rack adaptation device to convert a 3u space into a 2u space with ventilation above and below the unit?

I think I've seen something like it on the Schroeder website. A guy called James Gray on the players page has a BBE preamp with gaps above and below the unit.

2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Your title 'rack ventilation and glock' led me to assume you wanted to use a Glock pistol to open up a few holes in your rack case; nevermind.
  3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

My Glockenklang does run hot, but I put a fan in the back that blow cool air onto the cooling fins - really dropped the temp of the head. Another guy did the same thing using a fan from a computer, a wall wart and a reostat to control the speed of the fan. Probably quieter than just using a stock muffin fan.

Dan K.
  4. Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    Congra on the Glock... anyway, my Soul head 2 U is in a 4 U rack so it has plenty of room to breave. It still have its little rubber foot so it have a little space under and is not directly laying on the rack bottom.

5. zoran

May 10, 2002
    My glock preamp sometimes goes hot but you don't need to worry... :hyper: