1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Racking the MARKBASS LMII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BGOLDBASS, Aug 15, 2007.

1. BGOLDBASS

BGOLDBASS

Jul 31, 2007
    glen head,NY
    [​IMG]

regular rack, with a universal mounting plate, just unscrew the rubber feet from the markbass LMII and line it up with the plate ...

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    not a bad idea...or, you could just get the rack ears from markbass.

3. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Cool
    I've been waiting over six weeks for my rack ears to come.. still not here...

Were did you get the universals at ?

4. BGOLDBASS

BGOLDBASS

Jul 31, 2007
    glen head,NY
    ANY GUITAR CENTER IN THE PRO AUDIO DEPT,ASK FOR A UNIVERSAL RACK MOUNT....THE UNIVERSAL I HAVE, IT ONLY LINES UP WITH THE FRONT 2 SCREWS, BUT IT HOLDS IT VERY WELL ,DOESNOT WIGGLE AROUND OR ANYTHING, AND ITS ONLY 6 POUND AMP THE 2 SCREWS CAN HOLD IT, WHEN I TAKE IT OUT ON THE ROAD I MIGHT DRILL NEW HOLES FOR THE BACK 2 SCREWS IN THE PLATE , BUT IT ISNT REALLY A PROBLEM ...

5. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    :) Thanks, just nabbed one.

6. renegiust

renegiust

Nov 3, 2004
    Seattle
    It looks like a standard, one space rack shelf. Is there some special brackets added that I don't see? Post more pics if you have them.

7. iamchipsmith

iamchipsmith

Dec 15, 2006
    Is there anything stopping the head from moving around on the shelf? Other than it being wedged inbetween the shelf and whatever is on top of it.

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I think you two aren't reading the original post close enough. He unscrewed the feet from the bottom of the unit, and with the holes already in the rack shelf, just screwed the unit to the rack shelf with all the existing holes.

9. iamchipsmith

iamchipsmith

Dec 15, 2006
    oh ok that makes sense thanks for clearing that up

10. renegiust

renegiust

Nov 3, 2004
    Seattle
    Got it...plate = shelf.

11. BGOLDBASS

BGOLDBASS

Jul 31, 2007
    glen head,NY
    what he said, ive just been seeing alot of people not know what to do with their LMII... and this is my solution and it works great.....

12. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Actually this shelf or plate may work out better for me than 'ears' since I regularly use my Radial DI instead of the amp's DI. If I mount the LMII over to the right side I'll have plenty of room for the DI .. pack of smokes.. (if I smoked) etc.

In case anyone asks I use a seperate DI because my band has two horns that require Phantom power (48v) for the clip on mics. The mixer we use is really nice but the xlr/balanced buss does not isolate the channels. My JDI had a Jensen transformer and just the bass signal goes to the house, makes the soundman happy. Best DI i've ever used.

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I don't really move around on stage too much, so I just clip it to my strap...;)

14. renegiust

renegiust

Nov 3, 2004
    Seattle
    You clip a LMII on to your strap?!? Stud! :)

15. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    LOL!:D

It's certainly light enough!:p

I guess that I'm surprised at how many players want to rack mount the LMII. One of the primary reasons that I got it was because it only weighed 6 lbs.:meh: :meh: :meh:

Hey but if you want to rack it, that's a cool way to do it!:)

16. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :smug: Wait 'til the F1 is released! You'll be able to ditch your "strap-on" LMII in exchange for a pair of very fetching F1 cufflinks!

Small is beautiful (I'm living proof - I'm 6' 4" :meh: .... and hideous :p )

17. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    [​IMG]

great idea... even velcro would do the job here as the LMII is such a feather weight... and I also like the idea of mounting it off to one side to leave a nice little shelf for a DI or whatever.. TB :bassist: yet again!

18. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Anyone racking a LMII in a SKB shallow rack? Would it fit? One other stupid question... the LMII would be a 2u right?

19. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    My rack is a shallow Gator.. love them. Plenty O room.
    It's not quite two but more than one space for sure, so yes two.

20. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Here is my little rack. I ended up putting the tuner on the bottom for a cleaner look and I can see the amp better. I have my JDI velcroed. Lot's of room for the cables. The rack plate worked out nicely.