Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Racking the monster Stewart 2.1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jerry J, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I just recently upgraded to a Stewart 2.1 to reduce the weight in one of my rigs and add some horsepower.

I didn't realize that the big(?) Stewarts were so deep. The amp sticks out of the back of my ProTech rack abg about an inch or so. So it looks like it's time to look into a new rack.

What are the current Stewart users using to rack their Stewarts?

I prefer that rack bag concept since I'm running an Eden Navigator and the 2.1 only.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I put together a nice little 4-space rig in an SKB ATA rack. It's not that big and the weight stays down cuz of the stewart.

I've got a conditioner, korg dtr-2000, ampeg svp-pro and a stewart 1.2.

You could do that same rig minus the korg and conditioner.

I find the 4-space SKB isn't too big and fits most everywhere (plus offers nice protection).

3. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've just never been a big fan of the SKB stuff. I'll have to go take another look, though. Thanks for the replies. :bassist:

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Odyssey rack bags.

you should find them on www.musiciansfriend.com

bag pulls off for a cleaner look, and fits my Stew 1.2 with ease.

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'll check this out. I remember the discussion about these. Thanks for the link. Is the 1.2 the same depth as the 2.1?

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Wasn't there some discussion, awhile back about a rack bag that is sold through Aguilar?

I wasnn't able to find anything on a search, here.

7. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Who told you that, Jerry? :)

It looks like The Modern Case company is the one who makes bags for Aguilar and their 19" deep DB-359. I remember the thread that Vanselus started, but it's not there any more. I did find this one, though:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40367

My Stew 1.2 is 14" deep on the chassis, not including the rear connectors.

Nightbass

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Believe it or not, all I use is an SKB RotoRack. It has enough room for my Stew 2.1.... not only that, but the transformer for my Rane compressor fits nicely in the space between the back of the Stew and the rear lip of the rack (I keep the floor wart in a corner so it doesn't block the fan).

The RotoRack is "bulgier" than many racks, but it's very light. Also, IMO the extra bulges would act as a shock absorber if the rack ever fell. The rear panel is held on with plastic latches, but I have never had one fail. I would never use a RotoRack for shipping, but I move my own gear and it works great.

9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    +1 to the Rotorack. I had to look around to find an affordable rack (mine was about $60) that would hold my SVT-3 pro. The SKB is really solid, lightweight, deep, and affordable. I think that would be your best bet (except for a deep rack bag)

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oi vey,

who'd wanna put a DB359 on their shoulder? :confused:

and speaking of SKB, there's always the Roll-X rack. has luggage wheels and a telescoping handle. very handy for my DB359. :)