1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rackmount Bass Pre-Amp w Effects & Foot Control?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

So my band is moving to an all in-ear solution. I'm likely going to forgo my amp / cab setup for most gigs.

Looking at rack mounted preamps. Something along the lines of the old SWR Mini Mo that had built in effects too if possible. A foot controller would be nice too. Any companies selling anything like that these days?

2. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    Look on ebay for an ADA-MB1.

If the device has MIDI capabilities, then the Gordius Little Giant would be a solution.

3. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    The fender TB1 preamp had built in overdrive that was foot switchable.

4. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    They're more effects than preamps, but look at the ibanez ue400 and ue405 rack units.

5. Older Sansamp. B'ringer. Trace Elliot.

Other option, one of the deluxe sansamp pedals. The fx loop is switching and six presets available with or without the fx loop preselected.

6. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    It's out of production, but the Behringer Bass V-amp pro is a completely self-contained unit with effects and amp/cab simulations all in one rackmount box. I know, it's made by the 'B-word' company, but supposedly it sounds quite good. There's a long thread on this unit somewhere here on TalkBass. Disclaimer: I have no personal experience with this unit.

Found the thread:
    Behringer Bass V-AMP Pro

wcriley likes this.
  7. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    oceanside
    BassPOD XT Pro.

I have one and the FBV longboard. I used it primarily as a headphone practice amp when I was on the road. Has quite a few effects and some phat amp simulations. Initially the learning curve is steep, but once you start to get it, it's gravy. According to Bass Player Magazine, Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots uses one. I almost never use mine anymore. Hit me up if you're interested.