1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rackmount Compressor (I have no idea about this!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shababy32, Nov 24, 2018.

1. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Hello guys and gals. I had a friend that gave me a Behringer Multicom 2400 or something like that. Anyway, I don't even know how I'm supposed to hook it up to my amp (svt3). Do I run it through my effects loop? Do I use the other features? Bongo gave this compressor a pretty good review and it was free. Although Im a 2 or 3 knob kind of guy when it comes to compression pedals, I am willing to try it. Is there anything that can get me started?

2. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    It's a 4 channel studio compressor, so you'd likely just want to hook one channel into your effects loop....and each channel has only 3 knobs and one switch. I doubt it would take kindly to a direct instrument plug-in.

Set the threshold to noon, ratio to about 3.5, soft knee (for starters) and output to match the unaffected volume. Use the led's to see when compression is happening, and use your ears to determine if you prefer soft or hard knee, and a higher comp ratio.

bongomania likes this.
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs