1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rackmount / MIDI wah solution for bass??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cory778, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Cory778

Cory778

Mar 16, 2015
    Hey guys,
    I am trying to simplify the set up time of my rig and have rackmounted everything and picked up an RJM Mastermind 16 and effects gizmo to take care of all my effects switching.
    The problem is I don't really have a good way to run a wah. I use the Dunlop mini bass wah and love it right now, but I don't want to run the cables to set it up. night after night if there is a way to avoid it. The Mastermind GT has some outs, and Mission electronics makes some great spring loaded expression pedals. Unfortunately no one really makes a rackmount bass wah.

Anyone ran into this problem or have a potential solution?

I have looked at this prostage box, but there's virtually no information out there for it. Especially for bass players. Remote Wah Wah - MIDI controllable, analog rack Wah Wah pedal

Some of my gearhead buddies have suggested I use something like a Line 6 M9, or something similar and an expression pedal coming out of my Mastermind, but i can't find any info on how well that works for bass either.

Any insight? I know its not a common problem, but I use my wah quite frequently and can't let it go, and running the cable is not conducive to the reason I am switching my rig over.

Thanks in advance.
    -CT