1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rackmount Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, Mar 29, 2006.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I'm looking to purchase a rackmount tuner now that my band is playing more live. I'm settled on Korg, just not exactly the model. I've read up on all the specs and reviews of the DTR-1000 & 2000, DTR-1 & 2. From what I've seen, the DTR-2 seems to be the best choice. What I'm asking is which one is the best bang for the buck? I don't need the best but I need something to accurately tune my basses, which include a 5 string. I'm also not looking to have the fancy options, just a straight tuner. And my GK head has a mute feature so that is not necessary on the tuner. Any advice would be great!

Thanks
    Andy

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'll move this to "Misc". You'll get more hits over there.

3. m1k3_88

m1k3_88

Jan 23, 2005
    I was in the same situation you are about a week ago. I couldn't really find any used for sale around my area and the dtr 1/2 cant be ordered new anymore that i know of, so I ended up ordering a dtr-1000 and it should be here in a day or 2

4. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Thanks for the move!

5. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    there's always plenty floating round ebay

6. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I have one of each. Get the grandaddy Korg.

They'll both do the main job just fine but if you care about your intonation you really kind of need the strobe mode.