Rackmounting a AI Focus SA ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by echo008, Dec 14, 2005.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hi Guys,
    I am going to be getting an Acoustic Image Focus Slave Poweramp.
    Anyway, I would like to hear from some people who have had/have one of these and uses it in a Rackmount case.

Whats the best way to go about rackmounting these?

I have one of those rackmount shelves with a bunch of holes in the bottom to accomodate almost anything you want to rack, it seems, but...

Would I have to remove the rubber feet on the unit?
    and if so is there any issue with heat, with the unit sitting right on the shelf like that it seems like it could be a problem?

any opinions on this are welcome
    - Tom
  2. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota

I won't be of any help, but I'll bable anyway. I just received my new Focus SA III from Bob G. yesturday. I can't believe the sound I get from this little, light amp. I get to try it at a gig tonight (jazz) and Friday (pop/rock) and can't wait to hear it cranked outside of my house.

Back to your question. The reason I bought this amp is because I wanted as small a rig as I could get. I don't want a rack anymore. I hope to put my amp and preamp (I'm using a PodXT right now) and all cords in one bag, my bass over a shoulder and my Bergie HT112 in one hand and off I go.

3. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Im glad you like the unit ... I cant wait to try mine out.
    Im trying to figure out the best way to go about setting this up, what I had originally wanted was a very lightweight rackmount setup.

Rick Jones from AI suggested using one of the Rackmount shelves as well. I would like to keep everything together instead of the AI in a seperate bag.

Ill have to see I guess.
    Im not looking to even risk damage to the SA, Im probably better off just keeping it in the bag how it was intended.
    - Tom