1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rackmounting an ABM 500 EVO II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chimpbass, Mar 12, 2008.

1. chimpbass

chimpbass

Jan 16, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I recently bought an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II. I got the stand alone head since at the time, I was planning for it to...stand alone. I've since decided to go with a rack setup. Does anyone know what I need to do to make this head rackmountable? My thinking is that it shouldn't be too difficult, since there's a rackmountable version of the same head available. Can I just buy some rack ears of the same size they use on that head, or are they more integrated than a simple screw on setup? I'm trying to avoid taking the thing apart until I have all the info I can scrounge up...

2. bobalu

bobalu Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    It is my understanding that the rack mount version has a different chassis (that's rack mountable!). It's not just a matter of bolting on a pair of rack ears. This is why they make two versions, rather than one version which includes a pair of rack ears. (This is dumb). Maybe e-mail Ashdown customer service to confirm?