1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Racks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ding_man, Aug 12, 2007.

1. ding_man

ding_man

Dec 24, 2006
    Celina, OH
    I have a head that needs a rack, but everywhere I look racks are huge and expensive. I just want something with a few spaces to fit my head and maybe a rack tuner and some other things eventually, and maybe.. not have to save for weeks for it. Does sort of thing even exist? Thanks guys.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
  3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Used SKB racks are the way to go as long as you don't mind a few scratches and possibly spray paint or stickers on it. They last forever and are "waterproof" as I once found out.

Went to practice one day, clear as a bell w/not a cloud in sight. Walk out of practice and there are a few clouds. By the time I got 1/4 of the way home on my hour and a half drive from practice, it was pouring cats and dogs out! And as the rack sat in the back of my pickup, I cried the whole way home. As soon as I got it in the house, I wiped 'er down and everything was fine. Not a drop got inside of the rack at all.

4. Check out Pearson rack cases on ebay. they have a couple of different models--real cheap too but great quality.