Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Racks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Hey, I didn't know where to ask this so I put it here... I'm looking to buy a rack to put my hartke 3500 but I just want one with no more than 4 slots. any suggestions?

-Willzzzz

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    SKB makes rack cases in 4 space heights as well as just about any other size a body could need.In addition to their standard line,they have a more cost effective line called "Roto Racks".I happen to have a 4 space one of these,it cost me about 50 bucks and for going from home to gig in a car,they are more than enough protection.

3. what other brands are out there other than skb? i dont really like the look, or basicly trust that "plastic" look.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Caltron, who make both Anvil and Calzone.

http://www.anvilcase.com

5. I have an 8 space Anvil-style ATA rack that I got for 150 bucks. IMO the SKB's are great protection...but only once...they are like a motorcycle helmet...once they crash you shouldn't reuse them.

6. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    If you're looking for a combination of lightweight, economy and protection, SKB is a good bet. Check the Zzounds Web site -- I got mine (four-space -- regular, not the rotoracks) there about a year ago for $100 shipped!

7. Hey, I've got a 12 space SKB (the regular version with front and rear rails)laying around gathering dust that I'll sell for $100 + shipping if anyone cares. Very good condition, btw.

8. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I have a Genz Benz 4 space rack. Its made of wood and covered with material.