1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Racks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Dec 3, 2000.

1. Hey, I didn't know where to ask this so I put it here... I'm looking to buy a rack to put my hartke 3500 but I just want one with no more than 4 slots. any suggestions?

-Willzzzz

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    SKB makes rack cases in 4 space heights as well as just about any other size a body could need.In addition to their standard line,they have a more cost effective line called "Roto Racks".I happen to have a 4 space one of these,it cost me about 50 bucks and for going from home to gig in a car,they are more than enough protection.

3. Thanks guys! =D

-Willz

4. racks...............heh

5. what other brands are out there other than skb? i dont really like the look, or basicly trust that "plastic" look.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Caltron, who make both Anvil and Calzone.

http://www.anvilcase.com

7. I have an 8 space Anvil-style ATA rack that I got for 150 bucks. IMO the SKB's are great protection...but only once...they are like a motorcycle helmet...once they crash you shouldn't reuse them.

8. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    If you're looking for a combination of lightweight, economy and protection, SKB is a good bet. Check the Zzounds Web site -- I got mine (four-space -- regular, not the rotoracks) there about a year ago for $100 shipped!

9. Hey, I've got a 12 space SKB (the regular version with front and rear rails)laying around gathering dust that I'll sell for $100 + shipping if anyone cares. Very good condition, btw.

10. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I have a Genz Benz 4 space rack. Its made of wood and covered with material.