Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Radial Bassbone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    im thinking of getting a Radial Bassbone, does anyone have experience with this pedal, especially with the Bass, mid and treble nobs, how do they sound? i heard that the bass was at 75hz, but maybe if it were an EQ then it would be high but do they mean centered at 75h?
    also do they preshapes sound any good?
    thanks

2. Mark Moss

Mark Moss

Feb 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    I have had a Bassbone for about a year. I have to admit it is built like a tank as is all of their products. The tone controls are really quite effective; they do the job. I don't know where the bass control is centered but it sure kicks in the low end if needed. As far as the pre-shapes are concerned - it all comes down to what you like hearing. Personally they did not work for me - too much either way. Bottom line is that it is a well built unit, has a sound of it's own, does a tone of stuff and worth the price. The question is does it put out what you want. You really should sit down and try one. If you like what you hear you can't go wrong with Radial.

3. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    yea im going ot have to order it. so the pre shapes are a mid boost and scoop? what do they actually sound like ? too much volume?
    and rueing it for recording sounds good?
    thanks

4. Mark Moss

Mark Moss

Feb 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    The pre-sets pretty much just change the EQ curve and don't really affect volume. However, one might argue that boosting certain frequencies give the impression of more volume where I would call it presence.

What do the pre-sets actually sound like? All I can say is they are too dramatic for my taste, that is why I don't use them.

I have never used it for recording - have not even considered it. I usually use a U5, or a Radial DI, or whatever I am "told" I am going to use.

5. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    do you think it would be any good for recording?

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I think it would be quite handy being able to switch between two basses into a preamp that has tailored settings for each. Ive been wanting one for ages...

7. Mark Moss

Mark Moss

Feb 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    Fine for recording? This is so subjective. In my case I would only use it for recording rough demos or recording for material reference. That is just me.