Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Radial Engineering Tonebone Boneyard pedal board Opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tedintheshed, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Looking for opinions and people's personal experiences with this product for I am thinking that this is the pedal board that I want. I like the idea of being able to tuck the cords under the pedal board.

On idea I want to explore is the dimensions on the side. I would like to be able to mount a male AC jack there to power everything, since you can tuck an AC power strip under it so I am hoping that is possible to do without compromising the structural integrity of the pedal board.

Product link for anyone interested.

Ted

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'll probably get mine from Steve Barr at The Dude Pit. I am a resident there- and that is where Pete got his.

And yes- Steve will ship to down under- he has lots of customers there.

Ted

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    nice, cheers for that info (gotta save the money now).

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'd been looking at them for a while, had been holding out since it was a bit wide for my needs.
    But the combination of slanted board plus being able to have power strips underneath the board finally got me, so I ordered one today. Will update here once I get it and play with it.

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    That would be great- like I said, I would like to mount a male AC receptacle on the side and want to know the dimensions.

Ted

7. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I don't know. Its such a basic design that I am tempted to just steal the idea and make my own for a lot cheaper. Also its too damn big for me.

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is one of the reasons it appeals to me.

9. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Come on, when are you guys going to realize it not the size that counts.......its how much you spent on your pedals :D

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Got a couple of hours? No? Skip practice.

Go to Home Depot, buy some plywood (or scrounge around) and some carpet (it's like $5 for a 10 foot wide x 1 foot long strip!) and build your own.

Borrow tools if you don't have them.

Sand it smooth and paint it black.

You won't spend half the MSRP.

This thing is such a ripoff.