1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Radial Firefly Tube Direct Box, including the JR-2 Remote Foot Pedal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Greg_S, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Price:
    $455
    Barely used Radial Firefly Tube Direct Box with the JR-2 Remote Switch. $455 OBO for BOTH pieces. These are selling here for this price WITHOUT the foot switch.

For specs on the Firefly, go here. For specs on the JR-2 Remote Switch, go here.

I would entertain a trade for a class D amp, like a DarkGlass Microtubes 900. Can plus in cash to make up the difference.

Cash sale includes shipping CONUS only and PayPal is fine.

fHLNS+wNTQuhRnSx4w04jw.

direct box, REDDI, Firefly, Radial, tube

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:48 PM
  2. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

Always wanted to demo one of these. In your opinion... how “Tubey” does it sound?

3. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    The primary reason I bought it was for the two lines it provided. I didn’t have to use one line for my two basses on stage any longer. Worked great for that purpose!

I asked our sound guy your question, as he’s militant about sound and noises, and he said what impressed him was the degree of warmth and smoothing this DI provided vs a non tube DI. It said it was identical to my REDDI, that is also a tube DI. Most importantly, no hissing was introduced by the Radial. That’s what he cared about the most!

He also said he liked the sound so much from the Radial that he went directly to the mains with my signal instead of a microphone in front of my speaker. And of course, the band loved me being able to A/B switch from one bass to another and not having to take all the time to pull cables out and in, and the time waste of tuning was eliminated.

Hope that helps you, and if not you, anyone else wanting a real life testimonial.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 7:56 AM
    speyer likes this.