1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Radial JDI used with effects....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by qwench, Jul 3, 2014.

1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Hi All, I am looking to use a Radial JDI as my "to the front of house DI" instead of using the built in DI on my Ampeg pf-350 (which I am probably going to replace with a Traynor SB200H) BUT I want to be able to send my effects (Octaver & Envelope Filter) to front of house as well...so...is this as simple as plugging my bass into the octave pedal then to the filter then to the JDI (which would go out via XLR to FOH and parallel 1/4" out to my amp head)??? Or am I missing something?? I essentially want to have a non integrated DI setup in case of amp failure (I can just get my bass pumped into monitors in an emergency case) ....tried to explain that effectively...not sure I accomplished that...anyone else use a similar set up??

I guess I am trying to avoid having a full blown (or even a nano) pedalboard set up...just the two effects with batteries and a JDI passive DI...but I need the ability to send my octave/filter to FOH as well as my amp...any suggestions would be appreciated

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    It is as you wrote.

Nothing more.

/thread

Geri O, seansv and jumblemind like this.
  3. mrwood4

mrwood4 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    I an doing a similar set up currently, but will be adding pedalboard effects soon. But yes I run bass --> wireless --> compressor-->JDI(all in rack drawer)to FOH. Parallel out from JDI to input of my preamp. Once I put the pedalboard into play it will be between wireless and compressor. This set up has worked great for me.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep, I did exactly that for a few years. It works great.

5. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Perfect...thanks folks!