1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Radial Tonebone Bassbone vs. SansAmp bass Driver Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jmac85, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Radial Bassbone

60.0%
  2. SansAmp BDD

40.0%
  1. jmac85

jmac85

Mar 22, 2008
    Duluth, MN
    So I'm looking into one of these two as an AB box plus preamp for my two Ibanez basses. They both have active soapbar pickups and sound great but I just would like a little more tone control. Has anyone tried these? Which do you think was/is better. The SansAmp has six channels, but the Bassbone has a mid control!! I wish I could try them both out and decide for myself, but I live in BFE with no access to either. Any help would be great! Thanks!!

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Of course you know the Sansamp models an SVT and the Bassbone is clean. May be a factor in your choice.

3. jmac85

jmac85

Mar 22, 2008
    Duluth, MN
    Yep sure do! My biggest decision is whether or not I'd be able to get three usuable tones for each bass out of the SansAmp BDD or if I should settle for just one really good tone for each bass out of the Tonebone.

4. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    The Bassbone won major points with me on just the EQ section alone, and the fact it's a great DI for recording. It just seems to bring my fretless (with passive EMG's) to life and it gives my electric upright a bit more detail and "pluck" if you will.

For $250, I feel like I got more than my money's worth.

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    The power requirements on the Bassbone is the one thing that has always kept me from trying it.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I picked up a Bassbone about 3 months ago, its really nice unit...

The answer to this question, depends on what youre looking for. As Bongo stated, the BDDI gives you some SVT type emulation tones, where as the Bassbone is 100% clean... What the Bassbone gives you is two seperate channels. Independently EQ'able, independently adjustable levels, AND, an FX Loop.

I'm thinking of selling mine, just because as it turns out, I done really care about the 2-channel functionality, like I thought I would.

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Not wanting to confuse matters, but you may want to look at the EBS Microbass II too. It's a two channel like the bassbone, with flexible eq, and overdrive based on their multidrive.