Radio gnome invisible !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanookanono, Oct 20, 2003.

1. hellow anybody everywherrre
    I own an Ampeg combo BA115hp for three month and i enjoy a lot…
    However since a month it seems to catch strange radio programs ( raga and world music )that disturbs more and more when I play. other players friends of mine tell me it's very usual,but ...
    Does anyone have an idea of how to get rid of that?
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    try and see if you can find the station on the radio or tv it could be a nearby (up to several mile/km away) they could have a bad radio tower that is leaking onto different frequencies of transmition and being picked up by your guitar like an antenna. It happened around my home once with a radio station that was about 1 mile away, a strong station too! I'll get more details.
  3. thank you
    i think that i should ask Ampeg's advice.
    'll tell you if any answer
  4. Try replacing your guitar cable with a new good quality cable. Your picking up radio through the cable I bet.
  5. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    yes!, that could be it also. unshielded speaker cable shouldn't be used for between guitar and amp.
  6. What bass are you using.
    I am having trouble like you are with one of my basses, but what was supposed to be my backup bass is not picking up anything. I think if it is not the cable (most common problem), then it could be the electronics in you bass.
    I have my Alembic electronics sitting at Alembic waiting for an upgrade to shield from this. Unfortunately, they have had it for several months now!
    Good luck, I hope you solve this one!
  7. I think talkbass very nice , thank you
    For OneWayPunk & Mcrelly : thanks for your replies, im' decided to buy another guitar cable, cause I'm nearly sure this actual one makes antenna.
    For spliffnriff : my bass is fender squier jazz bass ( indonesia) : As a beginner, I bought one of the cheaper in my place, and it's a passive instrument. Some day I'll try a MØrch or an Alembic instrument.
    I love to see Alembic instruments on web, but I don't know about electronics.
    I expect someone can tell you something about that.
  8. I doubt it is the bass that is picking up the signal. I suspect the cable.
    Good luck, and enjoy playing bass.
    Just so you know, I get as much pleasure out of playing my fender Jazz, as I do playing the Alembic, so as long as you enjoy what you hear when you hear it, no need to spend thousands on a bass!:bassist:
  9. To end this thread,
    I resume suspecting either bass guitar or cable, since I bought an used Glockenklang Heartcore Amp which is realy good stuff even eight years old.
    This one doesn't catch any program but does very nice sound.

Here in France, Ampeg products still have a good reputation, but in fact the quality is not so good. When you mail to ask in US, you get no answer.