Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

radio interview...? (and DFW gigspam)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Mar 25, 2003.

1. My band, 2 For $1.00, which is really just getting off the ground, has our big Battle of The Bands this friday. Its a school run battle of the bands, but in Duncanville, its really the best a band like us can do. The goal all along has been to use the gig to springboard us from covers to originals (we've got a handful written, but everyone believes its best to hold off till after this show to start really putting them together).

But here's where it gets interesting. The teacher running the competition called her friend, a nighttime DJ for the local rap station (K104, north texas folk) and got two interview spots. We jumped on it, and will be on the air thursday night at 7:30. But does "all publicity is good publicity" hold true? And what about you guys, do you have any odd situations like this?

Anyways, I'd love to see if any of you guys could make it out Friday night, Duncanville High School (I-20 to Cedar Ridge, the school is at Cedar Ridge and Camp Wisdom) 7:00. $5 to get in, or $4 with a canned good. For anyone familiar with the local band Logiene, their guitarist-turned-bassist and drummer will be playing in a new band there, and Intrinsic Dawn, the christian rock band who has played several shows in the area, will be playing as well.