Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Radio promotion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by carl-anton, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Hi

My band has just been contacted by this firm regarding a deal on radio promotion in the US. They've found us on the net (garageband.com I would persume), and said they liked our music so much, they want to promote it to radiostations in the US. We're based in Denmark, Europe and don't know much about US broadcasting, so I would just hear if any of you have had any expiriences with this company, and general opinions as what to expect from such a deal (we'll get our record company to check it out of course, but it would be great to hear some first hand info about this)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The website looks homemade, and cheesy. The photos look like a child took them, and being from 2003 makes me wonder. I called the number, and a woman answered by saying Hello.

Be careful my friend.

-Mike

3. Hmm... sounds ehm, interesting. Did she say anything after 'hello'?

Thanks for you input. Any alternative ideas as to who else does this kind of business?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Oh yeah, sorry. I asked if I had reached the office of Howiewood, and she said something along the lines of "this is radio promotions". I told her I was looking for Howie, and then she put me on hold. I hung up. I have no interest, I was only checking for you.

-Mike

5. Thanks Mike. That was very kind of you :)

I've allready mailed back and forth a couple of times with one of the guys, since I started this thread. They seem open enough, but we want our record company to check things out before we get serious with these guys.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

There ya go, you appear to be a smart guy. Heck, this may end up being totally legit, and I'll be standing in line with 2000 other people to buy a copy of your latest single in a couple months.

Best wishes to you and your band my friend.

-Mike

7. There was something else like this that was a scam, I don't know about this one specifically- but...

8. Ok, we'll be carefull and try to live up to Mikes sig. ;)

9. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    97 Radio?