1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Radio signal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJd2sc, Dec 30, 2003.

1. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    I did a search and found no answer to my question, and sorry to have to make two threads so close, but I have two very different questions :)

I have a mesa 400 and an svt-410hlf as my rig and its in a corner in my room. I havent had a chance to really movie it around and see if this happens elsewhere, but
    it picks up some fairly strong radio signals. There is a grounding switch on the back of the amp, would changing this do anything or should I simply move the amp?

2. Alexander

Alexander Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Are you sure it is the amp? I had the same problems with my Thumb bass and it was fixed with a really good shielding job.

3. I had a Bass 400 that did the same thing (picked up a country radio station as I recall). We rehearsed in a fairly old house at that time so I think that it was probably the old wiring in the house because I don't remember it happening live too often. Could also be magnified by cheap microphonic vacuum tubes but I am not sure.

4. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    would the grounding switch be of any help?

edit : switch does nothing