Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Radio signal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJd2sc, Dec 30, 2003.

1. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    I did a search and found no answer to my question, and sorry to have to make two threads so close, but I have two very different questions :)

I have a mesa 400 and an svt-410hlf as my rig and its in a corner in my room. I havent had a chance to really movie it around and see if this happens elsewhere, but
    it picks up some fairly strong radio signals. There is a grounding switch on the back of the amp, would changing this do anything or should I simply move the amp?

2. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Are you sure it is the amp? I had the same problems with my Thumb bass and it was fixed with a really good shielding job.

3. I had a Bass 400 that did the same thing (picked up a country radio station as I recall). We rehearsed in a fairly old house at that time so I think that it was probably the old wiring in the house because I don't remember it happening live too often. Could also be magnified by cheap microphonic vacuum tubes but I am not sure.

4. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    would the grounding switch be of any help?

edit : switch does nothing