Radiohead Radiohead Radiohead Radiohead Radiohead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Jun 11, 2001.

1. All worshippers of Radiohead may post here.

Colin Greenwood is an underrated bassist.

2. The Bends is their quintessential album...can't stop playing it.Did you hear?This summer they should be playing some select US gigs.If I can drive,I'll be there!!!I hope you choke!!!
  3. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Wouldn't call myself a worshipper, exactly (that grumpy Thom Yorke just isn't what I'm looking for in an idol...), but Colin Greenwood is a good bass player - it's been a while since I listened to my Radiohead albums, but Exit Music For A Film stand s out in my mind.
  4. willie- yes they will, but good luck getting tickets. W.A.S.T.E. recently had a ticket lottery and i forgot to enter. man i wanted to scream. i hope tickets won't be too hard to get.
  5. I like Radiohead, I think OK Computer is one of the best albums of the 90's, in my opinion at least. I've never really noticed their bassist though, he just never stood out to me.
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i´m going to travel a long way just to see them on Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl this next August... (Remember that i´m i n Mexico right now)

i´m a Fan from a long time... i even have a homepage about them...

so... i guess i´m a fan :)
  7. Radiohead is a terrific band, I urge fellow fans not to listen to the critical BS that they are getting right now for being too self-indulgent etc. Another similar band that got the same backlash? Pink Floyd. Not too bad of a band to be compared too. Radiohead have already proven themselves with The Bends and OK Computer and now are doing more of what they want. Their performance of "Idioteque" on SNL was fantastic. I haven't heard a thing off of the new disc yet, but I'm assuming it will be great. For a great bass line (and easy as hell) Try "The National Anthem" off of Kid A.
    Thanks All.
  8. JROMAN- yeah that was great. i have the video of that performance on my computer. when i saw it on tv, i was watching with my parents, needless to say they were a little weirded out.

ULYANOV- that's kinda what i like about him, he rarely "stands out," he just supports and fits the song SO nicely.

YAWNSIE- Yes!! i love exit music. gives me the chills. and that fuzzed out bassline that bursts in halfway through... too cool.
  9. Glad to know there are more people here with fabulous music tastes! :D
  10. I know im going to sound REALLY stupid, but i havent heard anything by radiohead. alot of my good friends cant get enough of them, but i havent heard anything by them. What songs in particular should i check out?
  11. Keep it on the down low, but tickets go on pre-sale 10:00 am Thursday @ and Ticketmaster. I plan on going to both of the Northern VA shows myself. Check out for all of your Radiohead tour needs.

Some of you may already know this, but Radiohead tend to approach the recording process more collaboratively than some other bands. For instance, a good deal of the bass on Kid A, Amnesiac, and OK Computer was actually recorded by Thom and Jon Greenwood. The National Anthem, for example, was written and recorded by Thom.
  12. jrthebassguy - Exit Music (for a film), Paranoid Android, the National Anthem, Karma Police, Creep, Anyone Can Play Guitar, You and Whose Army...

jroman - Amnesiac is great stop what you're doing, run to the record store and BUY!

they came to Houston (about one and a half hours away from here) June 6, and I couldn't go. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I can't believe Kid A hasn't been mentioned yet!
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    musicrelated musicrelated musicrelated musicrelated

miscellaneous[BG] miscellaneous[BG] miscellaneous[BG] miscellaneous[BG] miscellaneous[BG]
  14. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    oh, sure, I'll mention Kid A.

IT SUCKS!! none of the songs DO anything, they just SIT there for three or four minute, playing the same minimalistic synth/drum machine riff over and over. it works on "Treefingers", but all the other songs just bore bore bore the heck out of me.

I like Pablo Honey, though.

(obviously that's just my opinion)
  15. Heretic!!!

Just kidding... But really, it's one of those albums that you totally love or totally hate. Try listening with headphones.
  16. Personally, i thought Kid A was a bit too pretentious...I love everything before, and i have yet to check out insomniac...but kid A was overrated
  17. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    im listening to karma police right now

but anyway i just bought Kid A and i havent listened to it while i was awake yet ( it sounds really relaxing to me) the song optimistic has gnar drums in it. even my drummer thinks it sounds awsome and doesnt really enjoy bands like radiohead
  18. it's amnesiac mate!

i saw them on the big blue tent tour last sept in Glasgow the friday before they released Kid A
  19. I saw on Yahoo's home page that Radiohead tickets are up for auction...tha's not a good sign as far as availability is concerned.They've come through VA before;I should've seen them while I had a chance...dang.
  20. Every1TookMyName, nice selection man!

I love the new album, it rocks! Better then Kid A, which also rocked.

I have noticed the Floyds influence on Radiohead, which im sure everyone agrees can only be a good thing!