Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Radiohead... washed out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matthew West, Aug 13, 2001.

1. So my fiance and I drove two hours to see Radiohead yesterday, only to be told by the gate attendant that it was cancelled due to flooding. Thing is, the tickets say "Rain or Shine." Yeah, I realize that it was for everyone's safety, and I was expecting bad weather, but if the tickets did not include that disclaimer, I would have called ahead and checked first. I understand the show Saturday was cancelled as well.

I hope to god they schedule a make-up date after the Japanese tour is over.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    So by "Rain or Shine" I guess they just meant that it might rain and might not, of course, we won't be there if it rains! ;)

What a bummer.

Sending this to MISCELLANEOUS

3. That sucks. Probably would've been a great concert, too.

4. Our singer and his girlfriend went up there to see the show. But it was rained out....$175 a ticket, and they couldn't figure out somewhere indoors to move in case of inclement weather? This is why I am not a huge fan of going to see national acts...even if I like the bands. That sucks.

5. Tickets were only $46.50 each. Did they buy from a scalper or something?

6. That's too bad.. seeing Radiohead live is one of the best experiences of my life.

7. i was gonna go on sunday, ended up brokenhearted instead. :(

"after years of waiting /
    nothing came"

8. granted radiohead are a really good band live, but nothing compares to seeing them in a giant blue tent.

i saw them last september in Glasgow, it was freezing, the beer was cold and it was in a tent with red flashing lights, but it was really good, the best gig i've been to

i saw the dum dums, the bluetones and feeder on saturday, one good gig,

9. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I hope they'll reschedule it, to make it up to all the fans!

10. hold on, radioheadheads! there's talk of it being rescheduled, nothing confirmed yet, but according to ticketmaster it's being considered. don't refund those tickets just yet! *hoping hoping hoping*

11. The lightshow they have on their current tour is pretty awesome.. looked great with the Chicago skyline in back. I bet that seeing them in the tent must have been very cool.