Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raezers Edge speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    What do you players know about these cabs? They are relatively small and I was wondering how they compare to the EA's, Bergantino's, Wayne Jones', etc. of the bass cab world.

They are priced VERY competitively. Are they more of a guitar cab company? Are they worth checking out?

They look unigue with the woodgrain vent panel!

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

2. I don't have any direct experience with these cabs, but was checking them out a couple of months ago when I was looking at some other cabs. A guy was trying to sell me a used one, and their web site had the information I needed. The biggest downfall was the frequency response. They don't have crossovers and tweeters so the top end stops at about 5k. If you do any slapping or like the "hifi" sound, I don't think you'd want it. If you like the classic motown "bump" of p-bass with flatwounds then it might work. I thought they were kind of spendy new, for what you get.

If you want something really cheap, look at speakerhole.com (or something like that). They do car audio stuff and some music speakers. They are very low priced (might tell you about their quality) but worth looking into if you're on a budget. Most of these web only places (Flite sound, raezer, etc.) don't seem to get very good resale. The exception would be Acme I suppose.

Hope this helps.