Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rag Bag for GK1001

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wes Whitmore, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This is pretty trivial, but does anyone actually have the GK amp bag for the RB amps? I read once on here that someone doesn't like it, but that was the only post I found. It looks like this is a bag that requires you to remove the amp from the bag everytime you want to use it. How has it held up? Does it offer decent everyday protection for the head? I will always be the one carrying the gear, and just want to throw it over my shoulder. I wouldn't mind a better quality rackbag, but I don't want something that is 12-14" deep, and I need the wrap around flaps to come off so the head sits on the cab right.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I have one. I've only had it since October, but it appears to be fairly durable, and my 1001RB-II fits snugly inside. If your plan is to only use the bag to protect the GK during transport and you don't have a problem removing it from the bag when you play, It suits that need quite well. The shoulder strap is adequate and adjustable making it easy to carry over your shoulder. That being said, I think there is some room for improvement. Here are a few things I would improve upon:

- The padding on the inside is actually removable (this is sometimes a bit of a pain because the feet of the amp sometimes catches the edge of the padding and tends to push it down when you're sliding the amp back into the case). I'd rather see the padding as an intregral part of the bag.

- There should also be a sewn in handle either on the top or the side in addition to the shoulder strap. There are times when you just want to pick it with your hand instead of slinging it around your shoulder, and this is difficult to do.

- The little outside pouch for carrying accessories like the power cord should be bigger, and the accessory pouch zipper should be heavier and more durable.

Peace,

Frank.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thanks for the heads up!

:)