Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rage against Ozzfest!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Apparently, RATM (along with Chris Cornell) will be touring with Ozzy's Ozzfest this year! For those of you that have been waiting to see/hear the new lineup -- it appears that this is your chance.

I would have posted some of the other bands scheduled to appear this year, but was in a rush to get this posted, as I wanted to be the first with the "good" news! Check out the Ozzfest website at www.ozzfest.com.

2. Well I"m no RATM fan - and I dont think they will be called RATM anymore either, at least that's what I heard on the radio yesterday, although no new name has been decided upon yet.

3. oh yea and I heard the OzzFest is teaming up with the WWF this year for the tour - another reason to skip it ;)

4. I've heard they will keep the RATM name due to contract obligations.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    There's nothin' wrong with likin' pro-wrastlin'.

I doubt I'll go this year either. There haven't been any bands on the bill that I've been really interested in seeing, since Type O and Marilyn Manson appeared at the first Ozzfest. :(

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ozzfest is meant to be coming down to Australia some time this year, but I somehow have my doubts :( If I went I would go to see Slipknot, Mudvayne (if they are playing), Papa Roach, and a few others. I really wish the would come here...why wont they come here...:D :(

7. Other bands that will be there are Adema(terrible), Drowning Pool(horrible), System of A Down(freaking cool)who is headlining the tour with Ozzy, P.O.D.(not bad), and Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society(never heard), there are more, but I don't know who they are as of yet. It's a shame that Adema and Drowning Pool are on the tour, it would be much better without them. What happened to Sevendust being a part of the tour? They are better then any new metal group out there, they should be back on the tour. Well, of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Meshuggah is gunna be there! Hmm, I might actually think about going now...

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I heard that RATM is changing their name to Civilian.

10. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    here comes biggest (at least in my own mind) rage fan ever!! Everyones keeping hush hush about this new move. I heard they have recorded like 2 cd's worth of stuff with cornell, but no word as to what theyre doing with it. I think they will rock hard with chris, a change at least. I loved zach, but we'll see how this works out. I heard they may be called civilian also, but well see. I know the name rage against the machine came from an old inside out song, which is zachs old band. It seems in bad form to keep the name. OH well everyone go out and support them at ozzfest this year.

11. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I heard the same thing. I heard one was planned on being released sometime within the next few months and the second sometime near christmas