Rage Against the Machine.. Back???!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sweet_pete11, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Theres been a lot of talk around Rage and them breaking up and now doing projects with Chris Cornell. Sounds like these guy are gonna really rock. But anyways do you guys know anything about this talk or when there cd is coming out.... or if there name is still rage against the machine...????
  2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    They're called Audioslave, and they have a new CD out.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I heard the single that's on the radio & I think it's AWESOME!!!!!! I gotta go buy the CD!!!

P.S. This belongs in Misc. :)
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The band and album are both called "Audio Slave." The CD is slated for release November 19. When it comes out, anyone who buys it, please come to the "Recordings" forum to tell us what you think.
  5. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    ...... and the new single is called "Cochise"......a fist right to the mouth!!!!!!;)
  6. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
  7. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Try www.audioslave.com, it's kind of a crap site.

You can download the video of kazaa if you're that way inclined.

Timmy C has his cool tattoos on show but has girly pigtails and Tom Morello looks like a gay biker.

All in all a great video :D

You can also download an albums worth of demos.

The real album's sposed to be released Nov. 18th, at least it is in the UK.
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have heard a few cuts and I was Totaly blown away!!! What I heard really ROCKS!
    I can't wait to get this disc....
  9. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I heard one cut and it sounded great! Exactly what you would think it sounds like....Rage with Chris Cornell singing. I hear they are also doing a tour despite early rumors that they had broken up.
  10. When i first saw the video i thought they recruited the bassist of default to play with them instead of Timmy...till i saw the tattoos
  11. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Yeah, Tim has lots of blackwork done. It looks almost like he's wearing a skin-tight vest.

They are so easy to describe, its typical Rage music, only with Chris Cornell singing instead of Zack rapping.

As long as they can keep coming up with those amazingly catchy riffs, I'm sure i'll love it.
  12. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys, but Audioslave has already broken up. They broke up quite a while back, actually... just after the record was finished.
  13. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Why would they make a video if they broke up?
  14. But they got back together again. There's a great article on them in this month's GuitarWorld.
  15. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Very cool! I didn't know about that. Consider your bubbles un-bursted! :D
  16. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Hurrah! I was scared for a second.
  17. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    If the entire Album is as good as the audio slave song I saw on t.v... I will be extremely happy.. I think it rocks
  18. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I love Chris Cornell, and I loved Rage Against the Machine. I heard their new single the other day and was totally blown away. I was hugely impressed and glad to see that Chris finally found someone to back him up properly since his Soundgarden days.
  19. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t see this as "Rage is backing up Chris"....

That sounds like Chris hired some guys to play on HIS cd...... NOT!!!!!!
  20. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    . Gonna love it. I`m sure. Dear God, please don`t let me be dissapointed. Not with this one.:D