1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

raging at failure...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by thump_dumpster, Mar 15, 2010.

1. thump_dumpster

thump_dumpster

Aug 11, 2009
    Denton, tx
    so i just wasted about 15 bucks worth of maple trying to make a ramp for my stock MIM fender jazz.

anyone out there that can make me one without charging some ******** amount? emailed a guy and he wanted 150 bucks for something that would take someone maybe a hours worth of work with the right equipment.

sorry to sound abrasive. i'm just really mad that 3 hours worth of my work just decided to say ****it and not work out.

2. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    ...$15 is 6 board feet of Sugar Maple to me. Did you really go through that much for one ramp?

3. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    Sounds like Rockler prices...

4. thump_dumpster

thump_dumpster

Aug 11, 2009
    Denton, tx
    iunno. i figure that includes the hours of work i tried to put into it but couldnt get it
    materials only like 10 bucks really

5. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Rarely do men fail, frequently they quit trying. Sun tzu

There are many builders here you can contact by pm about this. If you give a few a pm, I am sure you will get a good piece at a reasonable price. $150 for a simple ramp is ridiculous.

6. thump_dumpster

thump_dumpster

Aug 11, 2009
    Denton, tx
    i'm steadily making up for it. didnt like the white pickguard my mim jazz had and didnt want a run of the mill guard. so i painted it a bright red and am in the middle of painting on this koi i sketched up ^_^ should prove awesome. pics later!

7. thump_dumpster

thump_dumpster

Aug 11, 2009
    Denton, tx
    there! and ty to my gf for volunteering her hands and shiny boosoms!

pgkoi1.jpg

8. archer121

archer121

Apr 12, 2009
    Holy brush strokes Batman!!! I like the design, though. The shiny bosoms may have had something to do with that.

9. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    ^ +1

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020