1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rail-style P/J set?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by capnjagg, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hey everyone! I have a mod I'm considering for the future, and I wanted to know if anybody makes a passive P/J set with rail/blade pole pieces. They don't necessarily have to be exposed, but I honestly think it would look cooler if they were.

Any and all help appreciated!

2. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Lace aluma tones

3. Neek

Neek

Nov 26, 2008
    South Florida
    There is a Joe Barden set of P & J blade type pickups. I can't comment on what they sound like; I wanted to buy them a while back but searching the net for sound clips didn't turn up anything.

4. EMGs are all rails, just covered.

5. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I do. :D

6. I've always tended to avoid EMGs like a plague, mostly because all I seem to associate them with is metal and shredder guitarists, but I've never really given their bass pickups a fair chance to be honest. What's the tone like, compared to say, Duncans?
    I like what I hear. :) I'll definitely have to keep you in mind when (or if; I'm so indecisive when it comes to things like this) I get around to the mod I have in mind. And even if I don't do this mod, I've got a Peavey Fury that's in need of some electronics. ;)