Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rainbow color string tips?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by a e i o u, Mar 11, 2004.

1. I have seen basses with bright colored string sleeves. (string sleeves as in those little cloth peice that are sometimes found on strings near the tuners, usualy red or black) I have also seen the circular ends on strings that are at the very end of the string on the part that goes in the bridge that are painted bright rainbow colors. Do these people with these things paint it themselves or is their a set of string that comes all cool and rainbowish? Also, can I buy different colored sleeves to put on my strings near the tuners?

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Sounds like Slowwounds?

3. is there any where online i can get these?

4. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    D'addario uses the colored ball ends to indicate which string it is. D strings are one color, A strings are a different color. That way you don't have to squint and feel which string is thinner if you take them all out of the packages at the same time, just look at the color.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Slowounds were discountinued by DR.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Thats D'Addario. DR "discontinued" the fat beams - now they are sold as Marcus Miller signature...