1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Raising Pickups on my 'Wick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bigwig, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    My D and G strings are lacking in volume, and the solution seems to be to raise the bottom side of the pickup to get it closer and boost sound.
    I've never done this before, are these pickups sitting on springs? If i loosen the screws closest to the volume/tone/pickup knobs, will the bridge raise up on its own?
    sorry if this question seems a tad simple, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks alot you groove monkeys.

2. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Simple is as simple does. Yeah, this is easy.

First, make sure your strings are spaced the right distance from the fret board, and follow the same curvature as the neck. If you had the D and G strings very high, then that would account for the lack of volume, but that is unlikely in your case. Once you have your strings at the right height, then use a metal engineers ruler (small) to raise the pickup by loosening the relevant screw. The Fender Support page has a great guide to setting up their bass's.

http://www.fender.com/support/basses.php