Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raleigh-NC Bass players unite May 8th

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lamarjones, Apr 13, 2004.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    May 8th at Conn-signment Music, right next to Woody's and Rum Runners in City Market Raleigh, will be a gathering of bass players in the NC area. People can check out the mid to high end basses available, as well as check out the basses that other people will be bringing in. I have already talked to a coupld of bass gear whores, and they will be there with their jaw dropping axes, so come check it out. It's just a time to bond for the common low end if you are in the area.

www.bassguitarworx.com
    www.lamarjonz.com/Bass

2. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    That would be awesome! The purpose is definitely not to sell anything as much as to get together and just be bass nerds. Like myself!

Thanks a bunch!

Leo

3. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Tough break, would have loved to have met you.

Last time we did this, there was a nice array of basses to be had. This time, it will be much better, but here is a shot to keep you pondering.

[​IMG]

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Hey, what time is thing going on.

I don't get over to Raleigh much (thus I don't know where this place is), but If you can give me some info, I'll come over from Chapel Hill and bring my Wal. I assume ther will be bass rigs to play through there?

you can email me details at: bryson (at) nc (dot) rr (dot) com

-KB

5. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I would love to try out that Wal, we'll have some fun stuff for you.

It is from 11 to 4. Here is how you get there.

Coming from 40, continue until 440 (the beltline) joins, then you will take the Person St exit. If you are coming from the east, take the inner beltline to Person St. Take a left on Martin St, right after Davie St. It is before the first light, on the second brick rd on the left between Rum Runners and Greenshields, there is a little rd to where Conn-Signment Music is. Yeah, we'll have some amps for you!

It would be great to see you there KB. Take care.

Leo
    919-609-0532 JIC

6. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Sorry. Don't think I will be able to make it there before 4pm. I was at a "jam" party until late last night and didn't get going good today until it was too late to get over to Raleigh.

I do plan to check out the shop sometime soon though.

-KB

7. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    No problem.

Had a couple of folks stop by, it was a good time.

Joshua, thanks for sticking this thread at the top. I think you can let it die. I really apprecaite the help!

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Ah, my original hometown! Born and raised and went to college in that great city.

Hey - is the old "Music Connection" store still around? That's where I got my P-Bass in the early 80s. I used to go there all the time - typically high school music store rat - and annoy them by trying out every bass in the place. :smug:

(oh, and GO PACK!)

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Nahh, the Conn closed a couple years ago. Mars bit the big one too. GC is the newest i think.

Mike