Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RAM and Mark

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by mark, Nov 7, 2000.

1. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    RAM'll know what this is about.

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    :confused:

In Double Bass?

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, pretending that this was posted where intended, I'll go ahead and comment...

The original discussion Mark and I began were that he didn't feel that my less-than-stellar opinion and comparison of the original Steinberger and Modulus instruments.

Mega - I know you also are the proud, proud owner of a Modulus.

This was in no way intended to start or continue a flame. But, my opinion was challenged. And, it was originally stated that this is my opinion only.

But, I do not feel that Modulus and Steinberger are particularly good-sounding instruments. I feel that, in my opinion, both sound particularly thin and lack any natural sonic character.

Feel free to comment or question me as you see fit. It was only intended as a more complete response to the original discussion.

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Hey....you guys lost or somethin' ?....:D

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It must be that election-day thing :D

6. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    We're not lost, I'm just a bonehead. Ram and myself had engaged in a somewhat heated debate over the merits of certain instruments. This debate was off the original topic of the thread in which we we're posting our replies, so I decided it would be only sensible if we continued our debate in an another area of the forum so as not to prolong our disruption of the original post. I then proceeded to post a thread in the "off topic" section but for some reason I ended up putting it here in the double bass "off topic".....my apologies gentlemen.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Mark,

Should I anticipate a response from you?

8. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Just a suggestion guys...but since this just seems to be, between the two of you...wouldn't it be better, to just take this to emails? :)

9. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    True, but I think we're finished with our debate. No hard feelings RAM buddy.