1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ramblings on miscellany.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It seems that the stars aligned, and a plethora of EBS effects came up for sale at decent prices here, so I bought a bunch. Let's see, I got a UniChorus, MultiDrive, MultiComp, and Bass IQ, all from different sellers, each one a fabulous person in his own right. So I chained them all together and had an orgiastic effects jam in my practice room. It was a blast, so I guess I'll have to start incorporating them into my rig.

Then, after waiting over a year for a decent price on a SansAmp ParaDriver, my eBay favorites popped up with one at my kind of price, brand new. So I futzed around with that tonight, and I must say it met my expectations, what, with its semi-parametric mid control. This is what the SABDDI should have been in the first place. They retained the ever-popular "drive" control and dispensed with the mystically useless "presence" control. My recommendation to anyone considering a SABDDI is to get the SAPDDI instead. I found one for $159 on eBAy.

That's all.

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    congratulations on the sweet finds, mang! EBS = nice.

i'm still in a testing phase, but i may end up going the sansamp RBI route... it's got the drive and presence, as well as bass, mid, and treble. it sounds great, though it doesn't get as dirty as the pedals seem to. oh well. it gets gritty enough.

gotta try it live for the real test, obviously... but it's been great so far!

3. Cool!