Featured RAMMSTEIN bassist Oliver Riedel is auctioning basses for Ukraine

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jun 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Rammstein bassist Oliver Riedel is auctioning off two of his personally signed basses together with Sandberg Guitars. As part of the GEAR FOR HOPE music auction, the proceeds will be donated to aid organizations in Ukraine.

Many artists and manufacturers are now offering their instruments and accessories on the “United Charity” platform. Selected Ukraine projects are supported at the fundraising auction site.

Oliver's two basses to be auctioned have been used in countless stage shows around the world for over 13 years. They have been hand-signed and have a unique value. A certificate prepared by Sandberg Guitars confirms the uniqueness and authenticity.

Sandberg Guitars and Oliver Riedel have been working closely together since 1997. His signature model is a representation of the Rammstein bassist in terms of sound, handling, and design. A special aging, an ebony fretboard, Sandberg Power Humbuckers and Split Coil pickups make the Oliver Riedel Signature California VM 4-string so distinctive.

Additionally, the two basses being auctioned have the original Sandberg California body shape, making them a real rarity! On the United Charity platform there is now the opportunity to bid on these two unique items and support the people of Ukraine with the proceeds.

The Basses can be auctioned following the links:

Rammstein-Bassist Oliver Riedel spendet einen signierten Bass!

Rammstein-Bassist Oliver Riedel spendet einen signierten Bass!

RS_8854.jpg

RS_8856.jpg

Oliver-signing-gfh.jpg

tommyr01, Rezdog, Yonni and 21 others like this.
  2. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    You can't walk out the front door anymore without stepping into somebody's cause. Whatever... I dig the bass. Screams "ROCKIT!" to me.

tminus10, andruca, dnp41 and 2 others like this.
  3. XLunacy

XLunacy

Nov 28, 2013
    France
    But it's not. It's not about helping a government waging war, or whatever you think this is; it's about helping people in need, regardless of the context. You have the right to not support this, but if this is political and subject to debate, something is definitely wrong here.

"We will forward the proceeds of the auction "Gear for Hope" directly, without deduction of costs, to the Ukraine emergency aid of Doctors without Borders, UN Refugee Aid, German Red Cross and Aktion Deutschland hilft."

Rezdog, Yonni, gvbassman and 8 others like this.
  4. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Riedel is an incredibly underrated bass player, too. Unbelievably solid, as you have to be in a band like that, and his live tone is always very impressive.

5. ceetee

ceetee

Apr 1, 2021
    "the proceeds will be donated to aid organizations in Ukraine"

Best thing would be to let everyone die alone. Miserably. Help could be seen as political agenda.

Seems like you want to be offended. Or did you also object every time someone was talking about charity gigs?

Rezdog, B_Lo, XLunacy and 1 other person like this.
  6. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    All I will say is that is a cool looking bass.

warbassick and Obese Chess like this.
  7. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Wish it was a raffle and not an auction. Probably would’ve raised more money too. Sweet basses! :bassist:

warbassick likes this.
  8. XLunacy

XLunacy

Nov 28, 2013
    France
    Interesting, there's now a ~30% difference in biddings between the two instruments (3k€ VS 4k€), which seem to be virtually the same to me (apart from the wear and tear marks and the signature). Why would that be ?

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Political bickering removed.

There are no moderators assigned to the news and PR section of the site, and as far as I know, all posts made to this section of the site are added by the site founder and owner. Which is to say, at a level above the site moderators and administrators. For this reason, I would respectfully request that any objections made to the initial post be forwarded to the site's Help Desk by clicking the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any forum page.

The site does not normally allow charity or auction posts, but apparently the site owner felt that in this case that proceeds going to the sources listed in reply #3 to benefit victims of a war torn country was a valid enough reason to allow this post in this instance. Neither the site moderators nor the site admins are in any position to question that choice, so please don't ask us to do so.

In the meantime, I will reopen this thread with a note that any further political bickering will be dealt with via the site's warning system.

Yonni, Lowbrow, Rocknroller4 and 5 others like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.